Why is 'Customer Service' so important?
Great service starts with people who deliver it!
Good customer service relates to the service your and your employees provide before, during and after a purchase. For example, it's how you interact with your customers. Improving your customer service skills can lead to greater customer satisfaction and a more enjoyable experience for them.
No matter the size of your business good customer service, needs be at the heart of your business model if you wish to be successful. It is important to provide good customer service; to all types of customers, including potential, new and existing customers. Whilst the economic situation remains challenging, it’s even more important to have a well trained and motivated workforce who will deliver outstanding service that customers will remember. Take time to look at all aspects of your business and identify everything you could do to take service to the very highest level.
Although it can take extra resources, time and money, good customer service leads to customer satisfaction which can generate positive word-of-mouth for your business, keep your customers happy and encourage them to purchase from your business again. Good customer service can help your business grow and prosper. Be ready to ‘add the magic and welcome the world’ whatever sector you work in.
Why is customer service important?
It can help you:
- increase customer loyalty
- increase the amount of money each customer spends with your business
- increase how often a customer buys from you
- generate positive word-of-mouth and reputation
- decrease barriers to buying (for example, if your business has an excellent reputation of customer service for refunds, you're more likely to entice a hesitant buyer to purchase from you).