Here is brief a round-up of what we have achieved in the past year:
- Sales Mission to New York and Toronto in September 2016. TSE engaged with over 40 tour operators and secured 58 contacts during this mission
- France and Germany ranked 1st and 3rd in volume for all overseas visit to UK
- 2016/2017 saw TSE represent partners at a record number of events including: 3 x sales missions, Vakantiebeurs, UK Inbound, Explore GB, VIBE ITITS and ITB Berlin
- Support and arranged fam trips have included a fam trip of X8 Dutch operators to Hampshire and the IoW and press trips.
- England’s South Coast’ saw another successful year at one of Europe’s most popular consumer holiday shows. Vakantiebeurs is held in Utrecht, Netherlands and over a six day period, attracting nearly 109,000 visitors.
- One partner took a group booking for X50 pax
- Another a hotel booking for X100 in September 2017
- Visit Britain Sales Mission to Stockholm in December 2016. TSE engaged with over 23 tour operators from across the Nordics Region
- TSE engaged with a total of 54 operators from across the globe including India, Italy, Japan, Germany, New Zealand, Spain, Sweden, China, Russia, and more!
UK Inbound Convention
- TSE had meetings with 20 inbound tour operators promoting the South East as a day visit destination as well as a for longer tours
- This was the first year that TSE attended ITB. After a tricky start in a poor location, we moved to the main stand and the trade days were very fruitful with two trade enquiries specifically for Hastings.
- A group from the Czech Republic wishing to book 17 rooms for one night in May 2017
- A school group tour operator bring language students - 15 groups per annum, 45 pax, aged 13-15 yrs
- In addition, I attended a press day at which I made x14 good press contacts whom we are following up.
- There was particular interest in Glamping and self-catering cottages
- This was the first year that TSE attended ITITS. As the ONLY mainland presence and with the favourable exchange rate, we attracted quite some interest! There was a total of X130 exhibitors making this the largest travel trade event in Ireland
- We had in-depth meetings with X9 operators and X1 media, two of which are very interested in including SE England on their itineraries