Weald & Downland Living Museum
The Museum is particularly interested in hearing from candidates with a genuine passion for the Museum and expertise in at least one of the following areas, but will also consider other applicants who can bring a different perspective to the Trustee body:
• Commercial, business, financial
• State education sector
• Historic buildings, conservation
• Academic (Further of Higher Education or research)
• Marketing, communications
• A network of contacts which could be helpful to the Museum would also be valuable.
The main duties of a Trustee for the Weald & Downland Museum are:-
• To ensure that the organisation complies with its governing document, organisation law, and any other relevant legislation or regulations.
• To ensure that the organisation pursues its objectives as defined in its governing document the organisation applies its resources exclusively in pursuance of its objectives, i.e. the organisation must not spend money on activities which are not included in its own objectives, no matter how worthwhile or charitable those activities are
• To contribute actively to the board of trustees' role in giving firm strategic direction to the organisation, setting overall policy, defining goals, setting targets and evaluating performance against agreed targets
• To ensure the financial stability of the organisation
• To protect and manage the property of the organisation and to ensure the proper investment of the organisation's funds
• To attend meetings having reviewed relevant papers and any necessary sub-committee meetings
• To keep informed about the activities of the organisation and wider issues which affect its work.
Number of meetings per annum/time commitment: The Board of Trustees of the Museum meets 5 times per year, including the AGM plus an ‘Away Day’.
Daytime or evening meetings: Daytime
Closing date for applications: noon on Friday, 24 January 2020.
Contact details for applicants to find out more:
People interested in being appointed a Trustee of the Weald & Downland Living Museum should email a CV and a covering letter explaining how they feel they meet the requirements set out in this brief to Mrs Jo Pasricha, the Chairman of the Board of Trustees, care of Sarah Ward [email protected]
The Kings Head - Rye
Join our new pizza concept offering Neapolitan style pizzas to eat in or takeaway .
We are looking for a creative and passionate chef to join the pizza side of the business. You will need to have a passion for cooking pizza, creating new, beautifully presented and amazing tasting pizzas. Experience in hand stretching dough and working the pizza oven is essential. Training provided
Flexible hours available between 25 and 40 hours week. Salary will be dependant on your experience and creativity.
Level 2 Food Safety
Passionate for food and creativity
Watercress Line - Volunteer Makers
The Watercress Line is currently researching ‘Volunteer Makers’ – a new platform for volunteer recruitment and wondered whether any of you have experience of using it? If you have used it please email Emma Neal Emma Neal [email protected]
Foundation Degree (FdA) in Tourism and Hospitality Management
2 Year Working Degree delivered at Langley College
Validated by University College Birmingham
Click here for the full course details.
If you wish to discuss the course further, please contact Dr Karen Cripps (Course Leader). Email: [email protected] T
1) Ticket sellers wanted:
Enthusiastic people wanted to sell tickets on Broad street, Oxford to sell tickets for guided tours. Earn minimum wage + commission on sales. Therefore, possible to earn up to £30/hour. Short shifts lasting 2-4 hours on flexible schedule to suit you, starting from 10am or later and finishing by 2.30pm.
2) Tour Guide vacancies
We have vacancies for guides based in any of following locations: London, Bath, Stratford upon Avon, Oxford, Lacock Abbey, Highclere Castle, Cotswolds or Blenheim Palace, Chawton
Visit Oxford Tours is based in Oxford but runs tours in other destinations via main website plus via other websites too.
Tour guides wanted for casual work paid, as & when bookings, to guide one or more of ANY of the following types of guided tours below. Training provided but training is not paid for.
Pay rate is from £15-20/hour + any work related expenses + any tips + £10 bonus on any 4 start or 5 star tripadvisor reviews. Tours last from 2-3 hours. Busiest days will be weekend afternoons. You are free to accept or decline bookings, as suits you. Currently, customers on most tours must book at least 24 hours in advance, so you will have at least that much notice on most tours we run.
- Harry Potter film sites tour (London or Oxford or Lacock Abbey)
- Food tasting & sightseeing walking tours (all cities, especially London)
- General historical walking tours (all locations)
- Literary walking tours (all locations)
- Shakespeare & theatre related tour (London, Oxford or Stratford upon Avon)
- Inspector Morse Oxford tours or Midsome Murder Cotswolds tours
- Jane Austen life & times walking tours in either Bath or Chawton
TO APPLY, CONTACT: Alasdair de Voil, VisitOxfordTours.com
Text and call 07955482637 or email [email protected]