THE HOSPITAL OF ST CROSS
and Almshouse of Noble Poverty
Historic site and Almshouses
The Hospital of St Cross is open to visitors and offers sheltered accommodation to 25 retired gentlemen. We are seeking to recruit an experienced Accountant with good book-keeping skills. Duties to include quarterly management accounts, budget monitoring, balance sheet, banking and cash flow, all book-keeping including purchase ledger and ideally payroll.
Appropriate accounting qualifications and experience of Sage software essential. Familiarity with the Charity sector would be helpful.
Core hours 9.00 am-1.00 pm Monday to Friday (flexible)
Competitive salary depending on qualifications and experience.
Closing date: Friday, 8 March 2019
Please visit our website for more information
Details and an application form from the Office Administrator
The Hospital of St Cross, St Cross Road, WINCHESTER, SO23 9SD
Tel: 01962 878218 Email: [email protected]
The successful candidate will be subject to a DBS check
Amberley House Cottages
The Booking Consultant is responsible to help maximise the booking opportunities that exist through incoming telephone calls, email enquiries and from visitors to the office.
- To be first port of call for incoming telephone calls and deal with holiday enquiries received by telephone and to handle and respond to, calls, emails and general communication, in a timely fashion.
- to process as appropriate and look to convert all telephone enquiries into bookings where ever possible.
- To process and respond to all email enquiries received through Supercontrol, and other external sources that the business uses and follow up on enquiries by either email or telephone call where a booking is considered achievable.
- To visit holiday properties and to meet owners where possible to establish a strong working connection.
- To help keep the calendar up to date especially with owners requiring availability for their own occupation.
- To confirm availability first where required.
- To deal with, or refer if need be, questions from existing customers with holidays pending.
- To complete bookings, taken by phone or submitted on the website and portal websites, take and process payments and to issue all appropriate letters to guests, housekeepers and owners.
- To notify any key holder or housekeeping instructions at the appropriate time.
- When required to request and process balance payments as they become due from existing confirmed bookings.
- To ensure there are comprehensive notes on any written or verbal communication attached to all bookings or enquiries at all times.
- Look to be proactive with existing customers through offering repeat discounts to return, discussions with owners regarding discounts or offers to encourage repeat bookings with selective guests.
- Obtain all necessary requirements from owners or housekeepers when there is to be a claim on the security deposit and deduct payment from the guest when our requirements have been received.
- Undertake work of a related nature, or perform duties other than, or in addition to, those outlined above, upon request.
- Maintain high levels of professionalism when representing the company.
- Handle any complaints or issues, promptly and effectively and/or ensure they are referred to the correct person when necessary.
- Demonstrate good time management, time keeping and planning and record thorough notes where appropriate.
- To be mindful of expenses, such as printing, stationery, postage etc, keeping them to a minimum where possible
- To attend staff training initiatives as and when appropriate or required.
The salary range is OTE £23,000-£24,000
Closing date is 28th February 2019
send cvs to [email protected]
Attention Stella Buckingham
Waddesdon Manor Box Office Sales Manager
The newly created role of Box Office Sales Manager at Waddesdon will be responsible for managing the advance sales functions for general admissions and group visits, all events, and specialist Collection and Conservation Groups. They will support the Education department with managing the booking process for certain school visits. Working as part of a small team, they will be responsible for all types of bookings and reservations, and providing customers with information.
Please click here to view the full job description.
To apply, please send a current a CV and covering letter to [email protected] no later than 11pm on 19th February 2019
Application deadline: 11pm, Tuesday 19 Feb 2019
First interviews: Friday 1 Mar 2019
Second interviews: w/c 4 Mar 2019
We require seasonal staff to join our Technical, Wigs and Wardrobe Departments for our Festival 2019 season.
Deputy Head of Wardrobe
A Deputy Head of Wardrobe is required to join our wardrobe team for our Festival 2019 season. Experience of working in a busy producing theatre or similar is essential.
We're looking for Dressers to join our wardrobe team. Previous dressing experience desirable.
A Wardrobe Assistant is required to join our wardrobe team and provide first class support for the department and visiting teams.
Deputy Head of Wigs
Our wigs department require a Deputy Head of Wigs for our Festival 2019 season. You'll be working on all shows produced as part of the season and working in both the Festival and Minerva studio.
We are looking for a Wigs Assistant to join our wigs team. Experience of wigs and hair in a theatrical context and working in a busy repertory theatre or similar is essential.
Stage Crew required to work closely with the senior stage staff and visiting creative team to provide scenic load in, construction, maintenance and show operation.
Stage Technicians with experience of team leadership, show crewing, set construction. maintenance and rigging is required.
Senior Lighting Technician
Senior Lighting Technicians required to provide first class support to visiting lighting designers and creative staff.
We require Lighting Technicians with experience of programming on Eos and Ion desks, use of moving lights, working at height and basic electrical construction skills.
Senior Sound Technician
We're looking for Senior Sound Technicians to provide first class support to visiting creative teams and work collaboratively with the head of departments, Deputy Head of Sound, apprentices and seasonal sound engineers.
No1 Sound Technician
A senior member required to join our sound department for Festival 2019. Experience of No.1 live mixing of large scale musicals, on Digico and Yamaha digital consoles required.
Sound Technicians are required to provide first class support to visiting teams and CFT departments undertaking rigging, operation and radio mic running on productions for all CFT venues.
For more information and to apply please visit our website: https://www.cft.org.uk/about-us/jobs
Jane Austen's House Museum
Two brand new full time job opportunities
Head of Visitor Services
Collections and Interpretation Manager
Please see further details here: https://www.jane-austens-house-museum.org.uk/jobs
Watercress Line - Volunteer Makers
The Watercress Line is currently researching ‘Volunteer Makers’ – a new platform for volunteer recruitment and wondered whether any of you have experience of using it? If you have used it please email Emma Neal Emma Neal [email protected]
Working with us
At Red Mist Leisure we want to deliver the best for our customers and continually exceed their expectations. We strive to be market leaders and achieving this is dependent on the quality of our products, services and our team. We recognise that customers have a choice where they spend their dining income, but by offering consistently great dining experiences, we will thereby retain and expand our customer base through the strength of our reputation and become first choice in our customer’s eyes.
Red Mist have the following opportunities;
Red Mist are also recruiting for two Apprenticeships, attending one day per week at Farnborough College;
Commis Chef, achieving level 2 in Professional Cookery
Chef de Partie, achieving level 3 in Professional Cookery
These are available at all Red Mist pubs.
To find out more about any of these opportunities please email [email protected]
Foundation Degree (FdA) in Tourism and Hospitality Management
2 Year Working Degree delivered at Langley College
Validated by University College Birmingham
Click here for the full course details.
If you wish to discuss the course further, please contact Dr Karen Cripps (Course Leader). Email: [email protected] Tel: 01753 793440
We offer in return:
CFT have lots of exciting opportunities for chaperones this season working with the CFYT and our Festival productions. If you hold a valid chaperone's license and are interested in working with CFT please submit a copy of your chaperone licence and a covering letter detailing relevant experience to [email protected].
Work Experience and Training
Chichester Festival Theatre is keen to support people who are committed to pursuing a career in theatre or within the Arts sector, or would like to find out more about how it works. If you are passionate about working in theatre, music, dance or community arts and would like to experience working in a busy and vibrant theatre, please email [email protected] for more information about Work Experience opportunities or download our Work Experience pack.
CFT encourage applicants from a variety of backgrounds to apply, including Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates, and disabled candidates.
If you would like to apply for Work Experience here at CFT, please complete an application form and return to [email protected], or post to LEAP Department, Chichester Festival Theatre, Oaklands Park, Chichester, West Sussex PO19 6AP.
Selected applicants will be invited for an interview at CFT before any offer of Work Experience.
CFT aim to accommodate as many applicants as possible throughout the year; however, this may depend on capacity to support Work Experience, or suitability for particular areas such as backstage work.
CFT run a comprehensive Trainee and Apprentice programme, enabling us to develop the next generation of arts professionals.
Apprenticeships and Traineeships are advertised in the Jobs section of the website during the summer of each year.
Chichester Festival Theatre believes diversity is about celebrating and valuing individuals. The Theatre has an equality of opportunity approach and aspires to give everyone the chance to achieve their potential.
1) Ticket sellers wanted:
Enthusiastic people wanted to sell tickets on Broad street, Oxford to sell tickets for guided tours. Earn minimum wage + commission on sales. Therefore, possible to earn up to £30/hour. Short shifts lasting 2-4 hours on flexible schedule to suit you, starting from 10am or later and finishing by 2.30pm.
2) Tour Guide vacancies
We have vacancies for guides based in any of following locations: London, Bath, Stratford upon Avon, Oxford, Lacock Abbey, Highclere Castle, Cotswolds or Blenheim Palace, Chawton
Visit Oxford Tours is based in Oxford but runs tours in other destinations via main website plus via other websites too.
Tour guides wanted for casual work paid, as & when bookings, to guide one or more of ANY of the following types of guided tours below. Training provided but training is not paid for.
Pay rate is from £15-20/hour + any work related expenses + any tips + £10 bonus on any 4 start or 5 star tripadvisor reviews. Tours last from 2-3 hours. Busiest days will be weekend afternoons. You are free to accept or decline bookings, as suits you. Currently, customers on most tours must book at least 24 hours in advance, so you will have at least that much notice on most tours we run.
- Harry Potter film sites tour (London or Oxford or Lacock Abbey)
- Food tasting & sightseeing walking tours (all cities, especially London)
- General historical walking tours (all locations)
- Literary walking tours (all locations)
- Shakespeare & theatre related tour (London, Oxford or Stratford upon Avon)
- Inspector Morse Oxford tours or Midsome Murder Cotswolds tours
- Jane Austen life & times walking tours in either Bath or Chawton
TO APPLY, CONTACT: Alasdair de Voil, VisitOxfordTours.com
Text and call 07955482637 or email [email protected]